Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Repose

Some of you might remember that in a post titled Risqué or Okay? I stressed about posting art online that contained nudity - not a problem with nudity in art but with putting it online.  And how I got over it when I posted the piece Fire a few months ago. 

Also in that first post I had some close-up shots of a piece that I was calling Oklhoma Hills at the time.  I was never quite satisfied with that piece so it moved out of sight for awhile.  When I pulled it out again, I realized the hills/sky were just too juvenile and the body was underemphasized so I scraped and collaged and colored and beeswaxed, and here we are.

She is not nearly as subtle as Fire, is she?  I'd love to know your thoughts.

3 comments:

Brittany said...

I LOVE this piece! I am a fan of using the human body and nudity in art (tastefully) which I believe you have very successfully accomplished here. I love this direction if it is in fact a direction you are taking. :)

Sherry said...

Thanks Brittany
I am trying to include of my own drawing in my collages these days but I'm not always consistent.

jacqueline said...

Dearest sweet sherry, this is really a beautiful piece! I adore the texture and the colors so much! Have alovely merry happy thursday and love to you!