Thursday, June 02, 2011

Turning Time

I'm sure by now y'all know how much I love beeswax collage - the texture, the subtle color, the scent.  I like it so much that sometimes I look at pieces I did earlier and think I should add some beeswax!  Sometimes I use beeswax as a final layer, sometimes all the layers are adhered using beeswax (which is what I teach in my workshop).  Glues work differently with various papers than the wax so each medium produces a different effect.  

This particular piece, TURNING TIME, was a mixture of regular collage and then beeswax collage.  I used several papers, glass bead gel medium, mica powders, colored pencil and some stamping.  Unfortunately, this photo doesn't really show the way the glass beads and mica powders glisten.  I'm very pleased with how it turned out and submitted it and SEEKER to the Small Works Art Show that starts this Friday.  This show is put on by the Oklahoma Art Guild so stop by to see a variety of works from local artists.

1 comment:

Suzanne said...

I can see the texture and some of the layers in your photo. I'd love to see this in person.