Wednesday, June 15, 2011

Encaustic Workshop with Ellen Koment

Last weekend, I took a two day workshop with Ellen Koment sponsored by the Oklahoma Art Guild.  It was amazing.  Ellen would bring everyone to the front and demo a technique and then we would go back and practice incorporating that into a piece.  Later we would repeat with a new technique.

I had tried some of these techniques before with varying degrees of success so for me the very best part of the workshop was having an expert show me the right way to do everything. 

The second best was the torch!  There is so much more that can be done with one compared to an iron or heat gun.  Fun, fun, fun.  This is one of several pieces I did at the workshop.  See the burned paper?  Clearly I need to refine my torch skills!! 

And the other great part was meeting some new local artists!  A sculptor, a glass worker, some painters and some mixed-media artists - so exciting, so inspiring, so envigorating!

1 comment:

Hearthandmade said...

i love finding fabulous new classes! im currently doing Alisa Burkes Sketchbook Delight and loving it!

Claire

http://www.hearthandmade.co.uk