Thursday, May 26, 2011

Guinea Pigs

As I mentioned in an earlier post, I'm going to be teaching some beeswax workshops. Since I haven't done this in any sort of official capacity, I invited the members of two local art groups to be my guinea pigs in a rehearsal class last night - I guess you could say that we experimented with Experiments in Beeswax Collage.

Lisa B, Katie, Kelley, Lisa W & Glynis with their class projects
I had a blast!!!  I've always said that being around other artsy-fartsy people is one of my favorite things to do - it feeds my creativity and energizes me.   And last night was no exception.  We tested how the wax works over & with various "stuff".  We played with texture and color.  Everyone came home with some tags & a canvas (or 3 in Katie's case!).  And while we all experimented, I learned some new things in that serendipitous way ideas are formed, exchanged & tested when a group gets together. 

But shhhhhh!  don't tell anyone that I'm learning too - I'm supposed to be the teacher.  hehe

After class my friend Lisa B. suggested a name for the piece I did last week and I loved it
- so here he is again -
SEEKER

And I have more exciting news!
I've been invited to teach at a retreat in Salado Texas next October!!
I'll let you know the details as soon as they're available.

Now I'm off to use some of the creative energy I soaked in last night ~ Sherry

1 comment:

Patty said...

Exciting results from your students!