Thursday, May 20, 2010

Another OOPS!!

I found a beautiful image at The Sum of All Crafts (always very cool photos there) and, as I mentioned in my rambling post yesterday, decided I was going to try transfering it to beeswax.

Well, it didn't work (guess I could go pull out some of my art books and verify the instructions) but I ended up with this beautiful image. This is the back-side of the paper; after melting the wax, the picture printed on the other side came thru.

When I saw this beautiful, ethereal image I decided to do an art journal page, the first in a long time, about how in art and in life our mistakes lead to interesting discoveries, happiness and great achievements.

Using photographers' black-out tape and tiny staples, I attached her to the page. Then I painted around her with some metallic acrylic paint I was using in another project, added dots and words with Sharpies Poster Pens (they write on wax easily - actually they write on just about anything) and applied a little PanPastel to the edges. Finished off by writing OOPS! at the top with some of that glitter fabric paint that comes in a tiny squeeze bottle.

Here's to us all having great results whether they're the results we expect or not.
In our art.
In our lives.

linked to the beeswax challenge at LOTS TO DO

8 comments:

Jan said...

I really like this effect. Is this finished now? You have put it into your journal I see. I want to try it. I want to try everything, ha ha.

Pam Tucker said...

Very cool effect. I agree with you. Sometimes it's the "mistakes" that lead us into the true calling of our art! I'm on that path right now. :)

Roz said...

That made a beautiful journal page. I love it when mistakes bring us to thinking in a new direction.

Valerie B. said...

I just love to see when someone uses one of my images in some of their art work. Beautifully done!


Valerie B.

Seth said...

I often feel that the best art comes from the process of making mistakes. And this piece is no exception. Very cool image.

crafty creations said...

beuatiful page and what a Happy Mistake !!!!

Thanks for sharing your work with the Lotstodo Challenge xx Hilda

sam21ski said...

Fab happy accident

Thanks for playing along with us over on Lotstodo this week - Sam xxx

Von said...

such a pretty peice :)