Tuesday, April 27, 2010

Our Son, Nate

After a week of recovering from tax season, I was determined to get up yesterday, blog, clean the pile in the studio, and work on some book art & partially completed collages. That all changed with a phone call from our son Nate around 10:30 a.m.

About 3:30 yesterday morning, Nate woke up in severe pain. Around 6 a.m. he went to the hospital near his house and around 10:30 he was transferred to OU Medical Center becuz in addition to the pain, they found some dark spots in an ultra-sound.

Because he had no swelling and the pain hadn’t been ongoing, late yesterday at OU they determined that in all liklihood Nate has two different things going on – the infection that caused the pain that brought him to the hospital (which they’re treating with mega-doses of antibiotics) and the dark spots in his sonogram & c.t.

Becuz of the anomalies they did a lot of research regarding the dark spots as they might be related his Congenital Adrenal Hyperplasia and are now fairly certain it is NOT cancer and MAY be treatable with an adjustment of the prednisone he takes for his CAH. They haven’t ruled out doing a biopsy but may send him home as early as tomorrow with antibiotics & adjusted regular meds, then perform serial scans to see if the dark spots are reducing in size. Obviously, we’re hoping for the second! The antibiotics have worked enough that he hasn’t had any pain meds since 6 a.m. and is griping that the IV stint hurts more than the other!

I know several of y’all are already praying about this and I just want to thank you. I’ll let you all know when I know more ~ Sherry

3 comments:

Liz-AnnasOnTheLake said...

I hope your son is okay. I know how worried you must be.

jgr said...

HI Sherry,
I'm sending big prayers your way, meanwhile take care.

Mrs. McLishous said...

I hope he is better soon. You're in my thoughts and prayers.