Friday, September 11, 2009

Art Journal Challenge Week 2: I used to . . .

Week #2 (tho Ellen's blog says week #3 - she's ahead of me!!) and I elected to do a full body line drawing.

I used a fine point sharpie for the sketch & writing. Then I went around it with a black glitter gel pen and wet brush to get the shadows.

This is not quite the face or body I have now (the real ones really are more "poofy" and definitely look like they're "50+") but they're not exactly what I had before either. Guess this is closer to the me in my head. And since I change my hairstyle all the time, I'm willing to bet I had this one at one time.

It is so good to be in a place in my life where I can be/do what I always wanted. Yes, there's still a "day job" or two to pay the bills but I see myself as an artist now. Life is good. God is good.

~ Sherry

ps - my legs DID look like that about half a life ago - deep sigh - and I notice that while I accept myself as an artist, I still can't accept my age - lol



linked to the Something Old Challenge at Mixed Media Monday

1 comment:

gr8fulg said...

very nice. i wish i looked like that in my head... :-)