Wednesday, March 23, 2011

Vision

This morning I was looking thru my old poetry to find something to write on a current collage when the vision of my life just crystallized perfectly AGAIN in my head. 

As with so many of you, it is my dream and my ambition to be a full time artist.  But is it what God wants for me?  Did He open my eyes this morning or was I just wishing?  To pursue the dream seems so very selfish (after all, this isn't as noble as MLK's dream!) yet I know I'm better to people when I'm following this path.

Here's what the above journal page says:
I saw again the vision
Of how my life should be
Of how the art flowed from me onto paper, canvas
Of words and paper
Of timeless, no, time-free immersion in my art
Of a life spent as I've spent only moments until now
Of being me all the time, unencumbered by financial constraints & concerns
Of me loving & living my best
Of being a temporary vessel allowing art & words
             to flow thru me
hmmmm, maybe I'll go write that on this art piece

3 comments:

Patrick said...

He wouldn't give you the desire if he didn't want you to pursue it. Plus I want you to go after your dream.

Love, Patrick

carmen said...

what a wonderful husband! Encouraging you to follow your dream...so do what you need to do to follow your dream!!

Sherry said...

I think so to Carmen. I was at work when I read his comment and I started crying!