Wednesday, October 06, 2010

The Creative Connection Event #2

I can't believe it's been two weeks since I returned from The Creative Connection Event and I haven't written anything.  Well, everything was so much fun - I'll just give a very brief pictorial overview.
We got sooooooo many goodies - two bags full:
Isn't that Creative Connection bag AWESOME?
It's now the new home of my portable art journal kit.
Here's SOME of the stuff we got in the bags or at our tables or at the Pajama Party.
Of course, my favorite freebie was this necklace made for us by Lisa Leonard


I took two classes from Ruth Rae - one was a fabric photo journal (you can see a picture of me with my eyes shut here) and the other (below) was for wire wrapped jewelry.  I did NOT complete my projects in either class - and I haven't touched them since I came home either.

At the Pajama Party, I sat at the Amaco table where Linda Peterson showed us some techniques with Friendly Plastic.  Remember that stuff?  I played with it some twenty years ago and hadn't seen it since.  FUN!


Then came the cupcake farewell with a little bye-bye speech from the leaders,
Nancy Soriano & Jo Peckham

not to mention lots of yummy cupcakes
I forgot to take pictures of all the great panel discussions - the panelists were great.
In addition, I met so many fun people who make so many different things - I'm still checking out all their blogs.  And that's about all I've done. 

Do you ever have periods of your life where time just slips away from you? That's where I am right now. As a matter of fact, I tried to catch up with Roz earlier today and even tho I haven't talked to her much since we returned from Minneapolis, there was nothing to tell her. Or you.  Apparently, I have become a vegetable!! No art, no journaling, no blogging. Just a little reading, TV and closet cleaning.
Woo-Hoo! I know you're jealous.
*WINK*

5 comments:

Ophelia said...

Oh my gosh!!! This event looks so great!!!

Diane said...

Oh, I know you know how lucky you are that you were able to be a part of this--this is awesome,and thank you for sharing!!

Silke said...

Oh, what fun you had!! I am envious!! But I can see how after this you are in the same space as I am - sort of overwhelmed by all the good stuff and a bit unfocused. Friends tell me that this, too, shall pass and I have to take them at their word. My brain feels like it's gone on permanent vacation... :-) Love, Silke

Sharon said...

Yes, Sherry, I am jealous. Give yourself some slack. Everyone needs some down time. At least your closet is clean.
And, I love Lisa Leonard. I have purchased 3 necklaces and a pair of earrings from her online and love them...
Sharon

Suzanne said...

It sounds like you had a lot of fun. I hope you're more back in the swing now. Be sure and finish those projects! It always kills me when I don't, and I particularly try to finish something that I learned in a class.