Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Dream Big

I mentioned a couple weeks ago that I'm taking Kelly Rae Roberts' online class FLYING LESSONS. Well, between that, reorganizing the studio and ongoing new-house projects, I am OVERWHELMED!!! It takes so much time just to do the reading, let alone the implementing!

But the class is full of great tips on growing an art business. And that really is my goal.  To make a living with my art - maybe thru licensing, maybe just selling originals, teaching some classes, maybe having a book.  So yesterday I did a journal page reflecting those big dreams. (We've been talking about copyright in class so I have to say I have no idea what magazine I got this image from - it was already torn up - and I don't think I've altered it very much. I hope since it's for my art journal I'm in the clear but...)

Also, I'm going to attend THE CREATIVE CONNECTION EVENT in September. Are any of you going? I sure would like to meet up with someone I "know" ~ Sherry

5 comments:

Moyra Scott said...

would LOVE to go to the creative connection event - but am in the UK so its a bit far! I totally relate to this desire to make your living from your art. I am on that path too. DREAM BIG lady!

jackie said...

Love what you are doing with the online class. I love that kind of journaling and have started several since January. I need to do what you did and do an online class.
I have also thought I might like to go to the Creative Connection Event but I don't know what my September teaching classes yet. I will let you know when I find out if I can swing it or not. What is the deadline for registration?

Heather said...

This is lovely! And glad to hear you're enjoying the class and getting inspired. Its always good to dream big! And hope you're not melting...its a hot one today!~

Lisa B said...

Sherry, love the new "art" page with all the journaling. Would love to go to the Creative Connection Event - think I could squeeze in your suitcase? ha ha
Keep on keeping on!

Lisa @celebrate CREATIVITY said...

Amazing artwork and your blog is a pleasure to browse.