Friday, January 29, 2010

I'm Iced In!! What Fun!!

1-29-2010 - ExperimentingI'm iced in today so I get an extra day to play. YAY!! I'm working on the pendant for Nancy and a collage for my friend. Both of these have involved lots of experimenting. And I've learned a couple of things so of course I had to make a journal page about it!! what I learned todayThe generousity of other artists never ceases to amaze me. Specifically today I want to thank

  • Silke gave some instructions on image transfers on her blog and I decided to try again.
  • Dankartistry on Etsy was kind enough to answer a question I had.

Thanks to everyone so willing to share. And thanks to all of y'all for stopping by ~ Sherry

8 comments:

Good Girls Studio said...

Glad you get to play while you're iced in! We're supposed to get hit with a bunch of snow overnight so I'll be taking the day off to snowball fight with The Boy ;)

Martha Lever said...

I love this page. The colors are wonderful and yes, our studio does become a lab sometimes!

The colored pencils don't show through under the Shiva and actually you really wouldn't have to do that. I don't know why I did it actually except it's just an exercise in using the color pencils. It's a neat look with just the pencils. Have fun today and don't slip if you go outside!!! :)

Jan said...

Thanks for stopping by my new blog, I appreciate getting a new follower. Now I will follow yours, too! Looks like some fabulous stuff here, I love all the colorful things. I'll be back.

Summerland Cottage Studio said...

Sherry,

I love that you use your beautiful paper for your
notes to self, it's a wonderful idea !
Speaking of the generosity of other artists,
thank you again for all your help with the technical questions, I am so appreciative.

starseasons said...

This is beautiful

Silke said...

Oh, yeah, you experimented with image transfers. Aren't they so much fun?!? I had to laugh about the reverse printing - I've had that same problem... Love your little experiment!! Hugs, Silke

jgr said...

Hi Sherry,
Thank you for visiting/commenting/following!! I am glad to discover your blog and wonderful art! ooooh, your journal pages are rich and full of texture. I also like that you make and bind your own journals, I have thought about doing that but so far I get the store-bought and make my own covers. Anyway, I'll be back to see more.

Createology said...

This is a wonderful piece of heart art. I can see all the thought and love you put into this for your friend. Hearts heal. Keep creating...