Wednesday, May 02, 2012

death BY taxes

Benjamin Franklin famously said "in this world nothing can be said to be certain, except death and taxes."  But I think this year for my creative mojo, the outcome has been death BY taxes. 

Not only did tax season wipe out my time, energy and creativity while I was working (thus my lengthy absence from this spot), I think it may have wiped it away for good!!!

Okay, okay, there have been glimpses of life ~ perhaps it hasn't flatlined yet ~ an idea in the middle of the night, a stirring of the soul at the sight of something beautiful, actual success at my part of a group project.

So don't write me off yet ~ hopefully I'll have something pretty to post soon.  In the meantime, I'm going to move around the stuff in the studio.  Nothing inspires like actually touching the art supplies.



(LOL ~ write off ~ still talking tax lingo!)

2 comments:

Dani said...

i really hope it hasn't killed your art spirit mama! i can't wait to see something new... an owl perhaps!?

I LOVE YOU

Roz said...

Good to have you back