Tuesday, May 11, 2010

I get to play with beeswax - YEA!!!


I finally finished picking up the pile in the studio and my "must-do" sewing (and can I say, the sewing area of my studio is great) so today and tomorrow I get to work in my studio.

I've already pulled out the beeswax tub and I'm ready to get going on the two collages I've been working on since the beginning of tax season. Hopefully by the end of tomorrow I'll have some completed pieces to show you.

I also will be writing a post about a great little store I found here in OKC.

Oh, and it's my wonderful husband's birthday so I have a few errands to run. I love birthdays.

The kids celebrated Patrick's birthday and Mothers' Day with us Sunday by taking us to a movie and making dinner for us and my parents. It was one of the best Mothers' Days ever. Actually, it was a great weekend - relaxing & productive at the same time.

Guess I'm kinda rambling - I better go get to "work" ~ Sherry



(this is an ATC I made a long time ago - I don't like to do a post without a picture!!)

5 comments:

Pam Tucker said...

Have fun with your beeswax Sherry. Can't wait to see what you create!

NuminosityBeads said...

I'm dying to play with the beeswax that I picked up at the farmer's market this weekend, and it was my husband's birthday too on Monday. I also have two collages that I have lined up for swaps. I think we're on the same wavelength!
Kim

deborahspalette said...

Awesome artwork, Hi I am a new follower, via www.artnsoulbydeborah.com Hope you can take a moment to stop by and get to know me and my art a little.
I look forward to visiting again soon, Deborah

layers said...

nice to see all the steps-- and how you got to this lovely collage

jackie said...

Love your collage................and I love your Atc from the post before this one. She is so pretty! I love ATC's........fast and easy and they don't take up alot of space.