Sunday, March 21, 2010

Saturday


Yesterday it snowed here. Normally I would complain about this but since I got to stay home from work and play in the studio, I loved OKC's first day of spring.

I did some experimenting with CitraSolv which I'll write about in a couple days. And I used one of the pages to create the journal page you see here. Nothing elaborate, just an interesting background followed up with some irridescent orange paint, clear gesso, journaling and finished off with a generous spray of pewter Shimmering Mist.

Here's what the National Geographic page looked like after the CitraSolv, covering up some text with white gesso and pouncing on some gold acrylic paint (click to enlarge - feel free to copy the enlargement for use as a background):

And here it is with some irridescent orange paint and the journaling:

I also worked on a couple of other pieces - experimenting, gluing, painting and more. I'll post pictures when they're done.

I've had a great weekend - hope you did too ~ Sherry

7 comments:

Jan said...

I really like the looks of this. I can't find Citrasolve so I might have to try the turpentine stuff instead. I have to try everything. What's that quote? Jack of all trades, master of none. that's me, Jan of all techniques, master of none. But I have fun. I will look for your future post about your experiments.

Ellen Etzler said...

looks good

Diane said...

I love this effect--where can you get CitraSolv?

Sherry said...

because CitraSolv is all natural, it's usually sold at health food stores - Whole Foods carries it (we don't have one of those yet) and our local chain Akins has it. Their website has a location finder but it didn't work for me.

iHanna said...

What a cool page, they look very elaborate if you ask me!

Pam Tucker said...

Your CitraSolv papers are awesome! I like the variety that comes from these. Sometimes the muted colors come in handy for collage backgrounds or tearing them up and using as collage fillers. Great job!

Seth said...

I love how this came out!