Wednesday, January 20, 2010

Key to My Heart

Key to My HeartI started this piece by laying down a torn piece of scrapbook paper and my favorite scrolly tissue paper. Then I set it aside for months. Sorry no picture.

In the fall I did a collage workshop at a local high school and took this piece to show them how various materials interacted. During the workshop I dyed some handmade paper and slapped it on. Then I scraped on some modeling paste. And again, after the workshop, I set it aside for months.in progress I pulled the board out this week and started playing around with it, wondering if I could actually turn it into something. I added some watercolor and acrylic glaze in progressThen I added vintage German text and painted gold dots and the piece started screaming "I'm a heart" so I drew a heart in charcoal and added some acrylic paint around that. Then I found the key (an old Christmas ornament), added some beeswax and, voila, KEY TO MY HEART.
detail of Key to My Heart And, on top of all that, I actually put it in my Etsy shop - it's my first Etsy listing.
So what do you think? ~ Sherry
I linked this to Show and Tell at Blue Cricket Designs

6 comments:

Sharon said...

I LOOOVE this!!!! So, what is the link to your etsy shop? I went to etsy and searched by your name and by Studio Pashnada and couldn't find you.
Sharon

ClaireOKC said...

This is beautiful - love everything about it!

Patti said...

I love this piece!! And the story about it's evolution:) What a treasure.

Seth said...

This is an amazing piece of work! The textures and the colors are wonderful.

suepelletierlaughpaint said...

thanks for stopping by my blog! i love your layering just beautiful! you go for the gusto! a girl after my own heart!

LeeAnn@Encouragement Is Contagious said...

This is gorgeous! Proves that you shouldn't give up on a piece anywhere in the process. You have such talent and I love how you give us instructions along the way.

Thank you,
Lee Ann