Saturday, October 17, 2009

Moving - but where?

We put our gorgeous house on the market on September 26th (click here to see my earlier post). And we had a contract on it on October 14th.

18 DAYS!!!

Based on what's been happening in our neighborhood sales-wise, we were expecting it to take at least two months so this was quite the surprise.

The good news is that I can quit making the bed. The bad news is that I can't start making art, I have to start packing BUT WE DON'T KNOW WHERE WE'RE GOING.

Not only was the sale fast, the closing is fast - November 5th. So we're looking for houses. If we find one that's move-in ready and we can miraculously close that on the 5th, then it's one move and the packing is a pain, but normal. But if it takes longer to close, then everything goes into a pod except what we need to live for a few weeks. And if we don't find one or if the one we find needs lots of work, we have to pack some stuff to go to storage, some to an apartment.

YIKES!!!
What does this mean for my art?
Or my studio and my supplies?
Guess I'll let you know as soon as I know!
Or if everything continues to move this fast, guess I'll let you know after I get where I'm going! ~ Sherry

1 comment:

Sherry said...

I miss you house!