Sunday, June 21, 2009

Happy Father's Day

I have a great, yet human dad that I could relate to, argue with and love. He loved/loves me and gets me – at least the parts I let him know about – haha. He was never too busy to talk to me. He had some dumb rules that he was willing to change if you made a good point. Don’t get me wrong – he made mistakes and he often exasperated me - tho I'm sure not as much as I exasperated him! But I always knew/know he loves me. (My mom was incredibly, perfectly wonderful but I forgot to write about that on Mother’s day [sorry Mom]).

So I am often surprised that not everyone had the same experience as me. Intellectually I know it but . . . Well, you get the point. So I cried when I read my friend’s blog today. But I was reminded too that I should love fully and freely and unashamedly and without expectations – I want to be remembered as a loving daughter, mother, wife, friend. I want to be the kind of parent that I had. Thank you both ~ Sherry

1 comment:

Bill Ball said...

Thanks Sherry. I love you! Dad