Monday, April 27, 2009

New Purple Shoes

I just LOVE shoes - especially high heels. And purple has always been my favorite color. So you can imagine how excited I was to get a really tall pair of dark purple shoes.

I took that excitement to the studio and made this piece titled, you guessed it, New Purple Shoes. That bluish-purple in the center is the color of the shoes. Pretty hot, huh?

I started by covering a piece of 21"x28" Masonite with gesso. I then added spray dies and some watercolor. Then a piece of raw silk. Some hand-made papers and tissue paper. More watercolor. Silver spray paint. Modeling paste. Glass paint. Water-soluble oil pastels. I think that's all. Oh, and lots of sealer in between layers so the watercolor didn't turn to mud..

Please let me know what you think ~ Sherry

No comments: