Tuesday, February 24, 2009

Beauty from Ashes

Made this art journal page on Sunday from something in Compassion International's magazine, tissue paper, napkins, paint and some new paint and gel pens I'm playing with. Also worked on the covers for binding my first finished art journal - which is really more of an exercise in figuring out how I want to do the journals. As you can see, I'm still experimenting to see how to get the pictures looking good up here :)

I love the concept of Beauty from Ashes - no matter how bad our lives or circumstances, whether the ruin is due to our own mistakes or just how the world is, God can give us "a crown of beauty instead of ashes, the oil of gladness instead of mourning, and a garment of praise instead of a spirit of despair." Isaiah 61:3 NIV

May you find beauty ~ Sherry

1 comment:

Mary Lynn said...

This page is so beautiful. I love the colors and the swirls. Just lovely