Saturday, January 17, 2009

The Art Room Project

So much to say and so little time. Guess I'll divide it into multiple posts as I take some time off from this new "project" I've created for myself.

Project? Oooooooooooooooo, that sounds exciting! Well, yes, but certainly not in the typical way.

You see, we're talking about putting the house on the market (a long, but good story - at least if it sells!!) and we decided we needed to do some upkeep beforehand. Not repairs but weeding thru stuff. Since Patrick went out of town and I have a three day weekend (one of the future posts), I decided to gut my art studio. Out came all six mis-matched storage units and the tables - oh, my gosh, this room is HUMONGOUS!! In went matching shelves and storage bins that I had been collecting for just such a purpose.

WOW! It looks amazing - but I'm not done yet. The living room looks kind of messy right now as I sort thru stuff to move out to the garage (the storage facility for Studio Pashnada). I have a little over 24 hours to finish this portion of the project. That's when Patrick comes home and I'll surprise him.

Then the computer corner and the file cabinet wall. Then I'll post some pictures of the final product. (I forgot to photograph it in all it's beauty before I started).

Talk to you later ~ I gotta go sort some stuff ~ Sherry

No comments: