Thursday, November 27, 2008

Happy Thanksgiving

I just want to say that I am so incredibly thankful for my family and friends. God is so good to me. We had a wonderful day at Dani & James' new home - they hosted twelve of us today. She did a great job in the kitchen, everything tasted delicious, and I am so proud of her.

And now I am soooooooooooo sleepy that I think I'll go lay down on the sofa and watch some tv. Probably UT vs A&M (the only point of contention at the festivities today was about who should win the Big 12 South!!!)

Also, just have to share about a "fun" comment from a store employee last nite while I was out doing a little Christmas shopping:
----- her - is that a piercing?
----- me - yes
----- her - I've never seen one on a person of your ... maturity
My ex said I should have responded "not bad for a 64 year old, huh?" and left her REALLY wondering but instead I said "thanks" and had someone else check me out.

Oh the pleasures of getting older. Scratch that. Of getting more "mature".

Happy Thanksgiving everyone. I know the year has been rough for many and that next year could be too. But we really have so much to be thankful for even during rough times. And I'm thankful for you, my friends ~ Sherry

3 comments:

bada*blingg said...

I personally love your mature piercing! HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA! What a HOOT!

Bill Ball said...

We had a great time at that same dinner and we could just see how proud you were of your daughter -- and we were proud of our daughter too and our granddaughter. We also have much to be thankful for!!! Mom and Dad

P.S. We didn't realize you were that mature!!! What does that make us???

Happy Place Design said...

I tagged you on my blog :) http://happyplacedesign.blogspot.com/2008/12/tag-im-it.html